Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Driving

Well, Chase (our 5 year old son)and I went to get the oil changed on my van yesterday, because I can't remember when I had it done last, so that we could head down to Melbourne, Florida to meet up with Norm. The oil guy said my 1998 van looked great...except...don't you love it....he wouldn't drive it all the way to Florida because the blah blah blah(at this point my eyes glazed over, and my ears quit working)belt was dry rotted and was bound to break at any moment. Right! He showed me the offending belt, told me what it would cost to fix, not a part of the coupon deal of course. I said no thank you, got on I-77 and headed South to Florida. I have road side assistance, if it breaks I'll just call them. Right!?!
Anyway, 9 hours later we're in Melbourne. Thank goodness for DVD players and books on CD. Thank goodness for the fact that one of us was willing to wear earphones. I don't know which cartoons(he was in the earphones) kept Chase busy in between potty breaks, and naps, but Thank you! He was a trooper. He usually is however! He's a great little traveler. I listened to the "The Shack" on CD. Not my ususal genre', but very interesting. I would recommend it. Some points where very enlightening. There were a couple times it brought me to tears, and a couple times I simply said,"hmmm." I was inspired by the way some questions that I myself have asked about "God" were answered by the characters in this tail. I found this book very refreshing, I could see where some might not care for it, and others would relate to it as I do. If you get a chance, read it. When that book was finished, I started Amy Tans; Saving Fish From Drowning. I'm not very far into it, but anything by Amy Tan is good. She has such a way of writing. It's a story narrated by a ghost. Just my sort of thing! I'll let you know how it is when I drive from here back home!

No comments: