Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Worst 4 Letter Word EVER!!!

DIET!
There...I said it!
I hate to diet, yet I have been cursed with this foul four letter word my entire life. Well since I was 7 anyways! I started another one Thursday, and I'm hanging strong. It's Saturday. 3 days is usually a mile stone for me. Okay, okay, I'm weak. I can't help it, I love food. I wake up thinking about what I'm going to eat throughout the day, and I go to bed worrying about what I'm going to get to eat the next day. It could be worse. I could be an alcholic or on crack or addicted to cigarretes. But no, I'm addicted to something you can't just stop cold turkey! I've read all the diet books, watched The Biggest Loser for 2 seasons (that was enough), tried most of the diets. I've had successes, but the addiction always comes back. The dreaded buffet, or all inclusive vacation, and down the slippery slide of over weight I go again. It's just not fair. My husband, I'll refer to him as Norm from here on out (well, that really is his name) has a great metabolism and he hates almost all food. So he is like,never tempted at buffets and cover dish meals because he trust no one. Everyone is in a conspiracy to get him to eat something he doesn't "like" so he eats nothing. No caserole for him. Man, I'd eat anything in a caserole. I'd probably win the reality show that made you eat really gross stuff if they'd put it in noodles, throw some cream of mushroom in and cover it with cheese. Enough, I guess you've figured out at this point that I'm hungry.
I'm writing this as I choke down another salad. I figured if I wrote while I ate lunch, I could stretch it out a little longer, and I wouldn't be as preoccupied with what I'm going to eat for dinner as soon. Well got to go. I'll keep you posted! Hopefully I'll make it to day 4. One day at a time, as the saying goes.

No comments: